Galaxy Inspection and Testing Services
Electrical Equipment Verification / Inspection :
Electrical contractors and workers of GITS have an obligation to carry out an inspection and test of all electrical installations and to provide the customer with a Certificate of test.
We consider the following when you carry out the verification process:
- The isolation of circuits under test, when necessary;
- Perform a visual inspection as far as practicable;
- Earth continuity (or an internal fault loop impedance test, without supply);
- Insulation resistance of live conductors to earth;
- Polarity test (10 and 5 ohm resistors may be used as indicated);
- Correct circuit connections;
- no short circuits between conductors
- no transposition of conductors
- no interconnection of conductors between different circuits
- Earth fault loop impedance where required;
- Operation of RCDs – supply will be required for this test;
- Insulation resistance between all live conductors – necessary for consumer mains and sub-mains; and phase sequence of multiphase outlets must be consistent.
Playing Equipment Inspection:
Play equipment inspection includes:
- Annual Safety Inspection & Reports
- Post-installation Safety Inspection
- Operational and Routine Inspections.
A defined system of inspections is recommended for children’s Playing equipment and Children’s playgrounds. Inspections should cover the whole of the site – not just the equipment. Pathways, fences, seats etc. all need to be checked. Routine inspection of playing equipment is carried out based on the checklist provided by manufacturer or supplier. No playground equipment should be purchased without details of inspection and maintenance requirements. A note should be kept of the age of the equipment and a special inspection carried out before the expiry of the warranty.
Visual Inspection :
A] Power Industry
On-site Inspection Services deploys trained technicians equipped with robotic crawlers, pan/tilt/zoom cameras, video borescopes and various other equipment to power plants all over India to perform remote visual inspections and loose part retrieval services. Used at the beginning of an outage, remote visual inspection can help prioritize outage tasks by verifying asset health. Prior to closing out systems and equipment at the end of an outage, remote visual inspection can verify system integrity, and the absence of loose parts and/or dropped items.
- Stack, chimney/flue and electrostatic precipitator.
- Fuel oil tank, storage and active vessels and coal line.
- Furnace fans and duct dampers during operation.
- Header/steam drums, mainstream, hot and cold reheat piping, valves, spray nozzles and liner.
- Mud drums, headers.
- Boiler tubes, coal, gas and oil burners and related piping (feed piping), and feedwater heater
- Underground piping and utilities.
- Boiler water piping, boiler water circulation pump, feed pump, flow accelerated corrosion and
- Heat exchanger (condensers).
- Turbines, nozzle blocks, blade, gearboxes, feedwater heaters and main steam piping.
- Extraction lines, valves, lube oil piping, generator internals and steam chests.
- Generators, windings and loose-parts retrieval.
- Cooling and service water piping and underground piping.
- Transformer and electrical duct.
B] Oil & Gas Industry:
RVI (Remote Visual Inspection) offers a unique means to evaluate material condition, drawing verification, insulation integrity and equipment reliability. These inspections can be offered for:
- Storage Tanks
- Flare Tips
- Crude Units, Catalytic Cracker
- Fractionation Towers
- Rail Tank Cars
- Heat Exchangers
- Tower Trays
- Piping & Valves
Medical Devices Inspection:
GITS offer medical devices inspections through certified inspectors which includes visual inspection, safety inspection and electrical inspections. Types of medical equipment or medical devices:
- Diagnostic Medical Equipment
- Therapeutic Medical Equipment
- Life Support Medical Equipment
- Monitoring Medical Equipment
- Laboratory Medical Equipment
- Home Medical Equipment.
Factory Acceptance Test:
A Factory Acceptance Test is a test run on factory equipment to see if it meets the specifications agreed upon by the buyer and the supplier. It is a list of tests that need to be run at the vendor’s site before a DCS is considered sufficiently correct that it can be shipped to the customer’s site.
It typically has a separate test for each of the functions to be performed and for each of the facets of that. For example if the DCS includes a pump that pressurizes bubbler level sensors, the test would include verifying that all internal electrical connections for the pump have been brought to the field terminal points that the documentation shows; that the pump runs when the control system commands it on; that the interlocks shut it off when appropriate; that the air is delivered to the correct ouput fittings; that the current draw is as specified; and that there are no air leaks in its internal plumbing.
For each of these issues the vendor needs to demonstrate that it is correct and a representative of at least the vendor and the buyer sign off that they have witnessed the test and that the results were correct.
Welding Inspection Services :
Our welding inspectors can carry out duties ranging as follows:
- QA roles
- Preparation of hand over packages to clients
- Visual inspections
- Borescope Inspection
- Radiographic Interpretation
- Interpretation of drawings
- Supervising NDT procedures
- Document Control